Join our growing company today
Velosys, LLC is an agile and innovative software development and consulting company with long-standing client relationships and an emerging products division. Our primary expertise is in application development, data visualization, Information Technology (IT), and Geographical Information Systems (GIS); our clients include large financial firms, utilities, and Federal customers. We utilize a balanced team of experienced developers, architects, designers, and project managers to provide exceptional value to our clients.
Velosys believes that presenting data is not enough, the data must tell a story that has visual appeal without distractions. We focus on taking existing data and dynamically organizing it so that the user's knowledge can be leveraged to analyze and understand it in ways that were not possible before. Our aim is to create business intelligence that does not replace the intelligence of the users but allows user knowledge to be used at greater speed and efficiency.
Senior Business Analyst – Austin, Texas
This person will participate in all phases of project management, including requirements gathering, specification definition, oversight of code development, creating test and rollout plans, oversight of rollouts, and collect performance metrics, with the goal of enhancing efficiencies across the firm's business departments and across global office locations.
- Day to day trading and compliance support
- Conduct process and gap analysis and come up with creative ways to reduce inefficiencies
- Manage global projects with internal & external stakeholders
- Work with development teams to coordinate, build, and implement the product
- Coordination & support of UAT executed by business users, IT & QA
- Produce implementation approach, timelines, go-live strategy
- Post go-live support including identify, tracking and resolving risks and issues
- MBA with a minimum of 7-10 years Business Analyst experience
- Strong understanding of Financial instruments including equity, FI, and derivatives
- Proactive and self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills required
- IT skills required: Understanding & writing SQL queries, advanced Excel
- IT skills preferred: Understanding concepts of Unix commands, java, database
- Bloomberg terminal experience preferable
- Project management experience preferable
- Understanding full lifecycle of portfolio management-from pre-trade, execution to post trade and operations
- Ability to train users on end products
- Ability to work independently as well as a great team player
For inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org