Join our growing company today
Velosys is a technology consulting firm with deep expertise in building enterprise applications. We develop large-scale, custom software solutions for long-standing clients in the financial services and energy sectors, state and federal government, and local, small businesses. We specialize in application development, data visualization, information technology, and geographic information systems, and we utilize a balanced team of experienced developers, architects, designers, and project managers to provide exceptional value to our clients.
Senior ETL Developer/ Analyst – Newport Beach, California
Velosys is seeking a Senior ETL Developer/ Analyst to join our team. The ideal candidate will have skills in software development, data analysis, experience in functional requirements gathering and documenting, an ability to liaise between business/implementation and technology teams, and good collaboration skills.
- Develop ETL solutions with detailed analysis, testing, and documentation, addressing any issues and proposing solutions
- Perform ETL, regression and unit testing
- Carry out gap analysis and document issues
- Work with the development team on building efficient data models and documenting technical requirements
- Create accurate mapping from source to destination and ensure the data is accurately transferred
- Provide support and follow through for ongoing enhancements as needed
- Data warehouse design and maintenance
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or Finance
- SQL querying expertise
- Experience working with ETL workflow and scheduling using tools such as Informatica or SSIS
- Strong understanding of data warehouse and business intelligence architecture and concepts
- Data modeling knowledge and experience
Sr Java Developer – Newport Beach, California
Velosys is seeking a Senior Java Developer to support projects focusing on handling and validating transactional data.
- Work with project manager, technical leads, business owners to understand the requirements and develop the application according to the specifications
- Understand and support existing systems, including resolving operational issues
- Troubleshoot problems, whether due to data or software, and work to rapidly implement fixes
Skills and Qualifications
- BS degree or higher in CS, Math, EE or technical discipline
- 7+ years of software development in Java
- OOD, Spring, Multi-tier architecture
- MongoDB, and SQL, preferably Oracle
- Python, SVN, JBoss, REST, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS, Linux
- Experience in financial industry is plus
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to work well in a team environment.
Velosys proudly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
For inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org