Join our growing company today
Velosys, LLC is an agile and innovative software development and consulting company with long-standing client relationships and an emerging products division. Our primary expertise is in application development, data visualization, Information Technology (IT), and Geographical Information Systems (GIS); our clients include large financial firms, utilities, and Federal customers. We utilize a balanced team of experienced developers, architects, designers, and project managers to provide exceptional value to our clients.
Velosys believes that presenting data is not enough, the data must tell a story that has visual appeal without distractions. We focus on taking existing data and dynamically organizing it so that the user's knowledge can be leveraged to analyze and understand it in ways that were not possible before. Our aim is to create business intelligence that does not replace the intelligence of the users but allows user knowledge to be used at greater speed and efficiency.
Senior Business Analyst – Newport Beach, California
This person will participate in all phases of project management, including requirements gathering, specification definition, oversight of code development, creating test and rollout plans, oversight of rollouts, and collect performance metrics, with the goal of enhancing efficiencies across the firm's business departments and across global office locations.
- Day to day trading and compliance support
- Conduct process and gap analysis and come up with creative ways to reduce inefficiencies
- Manage global projects with internal & external stakeholders
- Work with development teams to coordinate, build, and implement the product
- Coordination & support of UAT executed by business users, IT & QA
- Produce implementation approach, timelines, go-live strategy
- Post go-live support including identify, tracking and resolving risks and issues
- MBA with a minimum of 7-10 years Business Analyst experience
- Strong understanding of Financial instruments including equity, FI, and derivatives
- Proactive and self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills required
- IT skills required: Understanding & writing SQL queries, advanced Excel
- IT skills preferred: Understanding concepts of Unix commands, java, database
- Bloomberg terminal experience preferable
- Project management experience preferable
- Understanding full lifecycle of portfolio management-from pre-trade, execution to post trade and operations
- Ability to train users on end products
- Ability to work independently as well as a great team player
Graphic Designer/UI/UX Developer – Newport Beach, California
We are looking for a graphics designer who specializes in UI/UX presentation graphics. The ideal candidate has their finger on the pulse of changes in industry standard UI/UX practices, is prepared for a fast-paced turn around environment and familiar with a wide array of Adobe design tools. This role works alongside system architects and developers to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role in defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features working with our team as you model user behavior, create wireframes, and design interface concepts and graphic layouts.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Adobe design tools including Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience with wireframing tools such as UXPin, Balsamiq or Azure
- Data visualization experience a plus
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- inance Industry experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Science or related field with at least 5 years’ proven experience in UI/UX presentation
Front-End Web Developer – Newport Beach, California
We have an immediate opening for a talented front-end web developer with solid experience using Angular 2+, TypeScript, SASS, and HTML5. We build complex business applications primarily revolving around data visualization.
- Lead UI development of new and existing applications
- Manage a mono-repo of multiple business applications and shared libraries
- Coordinate work between teammates
- Delegate tasks via JIRA
- Communicate with business users to translate requirements into real applications
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficiency in Angular 2+, Typescript, SASS, and HTML5
- Understanding of the npm ecosystem
- A mind for application architecture
- Experience with frontend build pipelines such as webpack
- Knowledge of proper RESTful API structure (proper naming, HTTP verb usage, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in software development.
- Finance Industry experience a plus
- Knowledge in SQL, Python, Java, and C# are all nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science a plus, but not required
For inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org