Join our growing company today
Velosys, LLC is an agile and innovative software development and consulting company with long-standing client relationships and an emerging products division. Our primary expertise is in application development, data visualization, Information Technology (IT), and Geographical Information Systems (GIS); our clients include large financial firms, utilities, and Federal customers. We utilize a balanced team of experienced developers, architects, designers, and project managers to provide exceptional value to our clients.
Velosys believes that presenting data is not enough, the data must tell a story that has visual appeal without distractions. We focus on taking existing data and dynamically organizing it so that the user's knowledge can be leveraged to analyze and understand it in ways that were not possible before. Our aim is to create business intelligence that does not replace the intelligence of the users but allows user knowledge to be used at greater speed and efficiency.
Velosys is seeking a Software Developer to join our team in Poulsbo. The candidate should demonstrate an advanced level of understanding of general systems concepts/computer science fundamentals and their application to solve business problems.
Primary responsibilities will include
- Application maintenance development using Java, SQL and other scripting languages
- Work with project manager, technical leads, business owners to understand the requirements and manage the application according to the specifications
- Understand and support existing systems, including resolving operational issues
- Troubleshoot problems, whether due to data or software, and work to rapidly implement fixes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 4 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with Java development
- Experience with HTML5
- Strong, hands-on experience using SQL
- Experience with all aspects of the software development process
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to work well in a team environment
Senior C++ Developer
Server-side development and support through analysis, design, coding, and testing. Interaction with the business for requirements capture and delivery of features.
- 5-7 years recent development experience in C++
- 5-7 years recent development experience in Java
- Strong Oracle query skills
- Working knowledge of data structures, design patterns & algorithms
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Good to have
- Experience coding in Python, shell scripts
- Autosys or any scheduling tool
- TimesTen Database
- Working knowledge of compliance systems
- Strong knowledge of Derivatives is a + (Options/Futures/Swaps/Bonds/TBA/CDS/RRP)
For inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org