Join our growing company today
Velosys, LLC is an agile and innovative software development and consulting company with long-standing client relationships and an emerging products division. Our primary expertise is in application development, data visualization, Information Technology (IT), and Geographical Information Systems (GIS); our clients include large financial firms, utilities, and Federal customers. We utilize a balanced team of experienced developers, architects, designers, and project managers to provide exceptional value to our clients.
Velosys believes that presenting data is not enough, the data must tell a story that has visual appeal without distractions. We focus on taking existing data and dynamically organizing it so that the user's knowledge can be leveraged to analyze and understand it in ways that were not possible before. Our aim is to create business intelligence that does not replace the intelligence of the users but allows user knowledge to be used at greater speed and efficiency.
Front-End Web Developer
We have an immediate opening for a talented front-end web developer with solid experience using Angular 2+, TypeScript, SASS, and HTML5. We build complex business applications primarily revolving around data visualization.
- Lead UI development of new and existing applications
- Manage a mono-repo of multiple business applications and shared libraries
- Coordinate work between teammates
- Delegate tasks via JIRA
- Communicate with business users to translate requirements into real applications
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficiency in Angular 2+, Typescript, SASS, and HTML5
- Understanding of the npm ecosystem
- A mind for application architecture
- Experience with frontend build pipelines such as webpack
- Knowledge of proper RESTful API structure (proper naming, HTTP verb usage, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Finance Industry experience a plus
- Knowledge in SQL, Python, Java, and C# are all nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science a plus, but not required
Senior .Net Developer
- Extremely fluent in C#, .NET, ASP.NET MVC applications, Silverlight, Angular, XAML applications
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in architecting and developing .NET WPF/XAML based applications
- Fluent in Web API and setting up RESTful endpoints
- Visual Studio expertise
- Experience in developing and optimizing Oracle based applications
- Experience with Microsoft Portable Class Library/PCL
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Fluency in different programming languages a plus
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills
Requirements and Responsibilities
You will participate in all phases of the software lifecycle with an emphasis on architecture, design, quality and implementation. This highly responsible position requires a self-starter to analyze, design, develop, implement, maintain, re-engineer and troubleshoot applications.
- Work with product development teams and senior designers on complex projects to develop architectural requirements to ensure client satisfaction with product.
- Provide technical expertise across multiple areas of application development.
- Design, code, test, debug and document software according to the functional requirements
- Analyze, diagnose and resolve errors related to their applications
- Investigate operational or systematic problems and user queries as required
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
- Interact and communicate effectively with all levels of staff, senior management and customers
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills to resolve highly complex software design issues and create new software for multiple products
- Strong leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Ability to synthesize broad and narrow concepts of high complexity and use them to meet objectives
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Velosys proudly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
For inquiries, please contact: email@example.com